Doesn’t it feel good to have a brand new PC? You may be thinking about all the things which you can do with your PC. However, to get the best out of your PC, you need good softwares. So what should you do now? Rush out to the store and purchase all the software’s you need? Though there are lots of commercial software’s available for every need purchasing them may cost you more than the amount you spent on the PC. Not only commercial software’s are extremely expensive, they also use of lots of resources as they are loaded with unnecessary features. Therefore, this article is especially written for you if you have just purchased a PC and want to get the maximum out of it without spending an extra penny!
1. Anti-Virus: Surfing the internet without an anti-virus is like going to the war without a shield. There are lots of free anti-virus software’s available but Avira anti-virus is one which does its job quite neatly.
2. Image editor- Do you love to play with the images? Well, there is no need to spend thousands on Photoshop as you can use GIMP for free. It is an excellent image editor program.
3. Office suite: We all need to use a word processor or spreadsheet program once a while. Openoffice suite is a program which imitates Microsoft office very well and it’s available for free.
4. PDF creator- It’s more advisable to send your official reports through PDF format rather than as a DOC file as a PDF file looks more professional and classy. If you need to create PDF files, install Primo PDF on your computer. It’s extremely easy to use as it attaches itself to your word processor. So you can create a document there and convert it to PDF easily.
5. Download accelerator: In many parts of the world internet speed is still a pain in the a**. It may take ages to download a simple MP3 file. Flashget solves this problem perfectly by downloading pieces of the software through several channels making the download process smooth and fast.
6. Temperature analysis: If you use your PC continuously for long period of time you must install SpeedFan which keeps an eye on various components of your PC and notifies you if temperature reaches critical levels.
7. Anti Spyware: Many times, knowingly or unknowingly, some malicious software’s may get installed on your PCs which spies on your activities and steal your passwords, private data, contact list, etc. To get rid of this problem, install Ad-aware on your PC, which is an excellent anti spyware.
8. Media Player: If you need a small, light weight but powerful media player, go for VLC. This tiny application supports almost all media file formats and provides host of other features which other bloated media players don’t.
9. RSS reader: If you love to read and follow lots of blogs it becomes difficult to go to all of them and read one by one. That’s where an RSS reader such as Feedreader comes in. You can easily add RSS links of your favourite blogs in it and it will download the content from the site and display them in a single window. It’s useful because it saves time and you can easily search for particular information.
10. Compression tool- If you want to transfer huge files through internet or burn huge amount of data, it would be more convenient if you use a compression tool, such as WINRAR, to compress the size of the files and tie them up in a single bundle.