I love my computer. I spend most of the time with my laptop. I’m a blogger, maintain two websites, write article, tutorials, make videos and much more. I need so many tools, utilities and softwares so that I can do my work effectively and easily. We all have different work to do with our computer and may need different applications to work. But here I’ll be sharing general installations for a personal computer, for everyone, to enhance user experience. The article is based on my experience, which applications I use and find them useful for all.
Operating system – Windows 8 : Latest release from Microsoft Corporation –Beta version, Windows 8 Consumer Preview is available for download with free of cost. This new version of Microsoft Windows came with so many new and INTERESTING features which has a Start Screen in the replacement of the start button. Metro UI is enough to impress users which shows applications in Tiles. More features of Windows 8 – Boots in very less time, works with less than 300 MB of RAM, got the latest -Internet Explorer 10, supports USB 3.0 . You can download it from Microsoft for free.
Isn’t that awesome? It may have some bugs. Of course, Microsoft would be working on it but this version is really good to enhance user experience. Users who don’t like this one can go with Windows 7 Ultimate.
Antivirus – Avast 7 Beta version: A well known established brand which gives one of the best antivirus softwares to us. The company has got more than 190 million registered users. And Avast has released Avast antivirus 7 beta version which is available for download for FREE. It comes with one year of use (expire after one year). Gives complete security from viruses, trojons and other malwares. The new version includes lots of new features like new installer, new graphical interface and more. You can get your free copy of Avast 7 Beta Version: Download Avast 7 Beta from Softpedia . You can also check other free Antiviruses for Windows 7 .
Internet Browser: Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox : Both are the best of the rest. Enables users to browse the Internet very fast. Both got so many plugins and extensions to enhance user experiences. I’m a Chrome users so sharing some of Chrome extensions which helps me to enhance my browsing.
- Google Mail Checker: No need to goto your Gmail inbox to check your new email. This extension adds a button in your browser which automatically checks your inbox. And if there is any new email, the buttons shows the number of unread emails. Clicking on that button takes you to your unread emails in your Gmail inbox.
- Ad Block: Do you love surfing over the Internet? Are you annoyed with lots of advertisements on webpages you love to go on? Then Ad Block can help you to get rid of those advertisements. Just add the plugin, activate it and you’ll notice all the advertisements have disappeared from all the webpages. You can Pause Ad Block if you wish and set the option if you don’t want to run Ad Block on a specific page or domain.
- Turn Off Lights: Another interesting Chrome extension. It allows you to turn your screen portion other than the YouTube player, into dark. So that you can watch your video, movie as like in a cinema with all the focus on the video. A small bulb button is placed in the bar of browser. Clicking on it On or Off this function.
- Wise Stamp: WiseStamp is an extension to give your email a new look with a stylish signature at the end of your email. It includes many options like, show your latest tweet, recent blog post and social links.
- FB Photo Zoom: If you love to spend time with Facebook then you will definitely love this plugin. It allows you to see the all the pictures by just hovering the mouse over any thumbnail. It gives a button just beside the chat box where you can On or Off this extension.
- Download YouTube Videos: Another great extension to download YouTube videos with different formats and different quality. Shows a download button beside the like button. You can also check top sites to download Youtube videos .
Graphics Creation and Photo Management – Adobe Photoshop CS6 Beta: Photoshop is the best digital image editing and management software ever, for me at least. Adobe’s latest version of Photoshop, that is; CS6 has got it’s BETA version out over the web for users without any cost. It got so many new and interesting features like unbelievable fast performance, modern user interface and new and re-engineered design tools. You can get a free copy of Photoshop CS6 Beta from official site.
Note: You may have to sign up with adobe to install CS6.
Documents Management- Microsoft Office: No introduction needed. Best application package to manage, edit and create documents, presentations and much more. The software is worth the money. One add-on I always install with this software is “Save as PDF”. If you can’t afford Microsoft Office then you can use these free microsoft office alternatives .
Download accelerator and manager - Orbit Downloader: One of the very simple but very good and effective download manager. Download Games, Videos, Music and much more. It shows a “Get it” button on video players to download video. Works very well with Chrome and Firefox.
Codec for Windows Media Player- K-Lite Codec Pack : Windows default media player lacks with some of the codec. This codec pack allows Windows Media Player to run almost all media file types. For the rest 1%, we can go for VLC media Player or other free media players for Windows 7. You can download this codec pack for free from here.
Moreover, one should must install WinRAR, IncredMail, BitTorrent, Adobe Flash Player and Notepad++. The list of software never ends. But we got these basic installations to get most of our work easily done.
Do you install some more software every time in your PC or Laptop? I’d be glad to know.