Recently, I bought HTC Wildfire mobile phone with android 2.1 OS in it . I have been playing with it from a week and will post a review on HTC Wildfire soon here on Computer Talks . As a blogger I was trying to find a screenshot app for my android phone but the apps available in the app store requires root access which may cause some problems to your phone. So, after doing some research on it, I found a solution for taking screenshots in Android phone .
To take screenshots in your android mobile follow this :
This solution requires you to connect your android mobile phone with your PC . I have used Windows 7 for this . To start with you need to do the following :
- Install the driver software for your android mobile into your PC .
- Download the Android SDK Developers kit .
- Download the Android SDK Developers kit and extract it on your computer .
- Then run the SDK Manager.exe file from it .
- Now go to the settings of the Android SDK and AVD Manager and if you use proxy server then enter the details in it and if you don’t use then leave them blank . And don’t forget to check force https:// sources to fetch from http source as shown in the figure .
- Now install all the available packages as shown below :
- Now connect your android mobile with your PC using the USB port .
- Then go to your mobile phone settings:
- Next click on the Applications
- Now click on Development and turn on the USB debugging .
- Now go back to the Android SDK folder and open the tools->ddms.bat file . As DDMS.bat file is the one with which you are going to take screenshot so it is advisable to make a shortcut to it somewhere on your Desktop so that whenever you need it, it will be easily accessible .
- After opening the DDMS.bat or Dalvik Debug Monitor file you will find something like this :
- If you don’t find your device in the Dalvik Debug Monitor means you haven’t installed the driver software for your android phone .
- If everything goes right till now , then you can easily take the screenshots by going here or by pressing Ctrl+S
- After that you will presented with something like this :
- Now do whatever you want to do with your mobile phone, if you change your mobile screen then just click refresh button and it will give you the current screen of your mobile.
Also, remember all this are one time setup ,so next time whenever you want to take screenshot just connect your android mobile using USB with your PC and then open the Dalvik Debug Manager and you will be ready to take screenshots .
If you have any queries regarding it then do let us know so that we know help you up.