In default logon style of Windows 7, all account usernames are already displayed and it needs just a click to login to a particular account. But sometimes due to some security and privacy users want to hide their usernames and switch to classic logon style i.e. typing username and password. User Accounts Settings in Control Panel does not provide any such option..
Here is step-by-step method to change to classic logon style in Windows 7:
- Open Group Policy Editor by searching gpedit.msc in search bar.
- Double click on ‘Windows Settings ‘ under ‘Computer Configuration’.
- Select ‘Security Settings’.
- Select ‘Local Policies’.
- Go to ‘Security Options’.
- Open “Interactive logon: Do not display last user name” and set to ‘enabled.’
- Below it there is ”Interactive logon: Do not require CTRL+ALT+DEL”. Set it to ‘disabled.’
Now restart Windows. Bang! Classic (Win2k-style) logon screen (CTRL+ALT+DEL, enter username and password.)