Google Two Step verification for login is a great tool to use as it enables you to protect your account from hackers, but also causes various problems for the users who are not aware of the consequences of enabling it. The two step verification method doesn’t work in various third party clients and in even Google softwares and if you try to login in those softwares you will face problems.
Some of the applications which won’t work after Two step verification update in your account are :
- Apps on smartphones such as Android, BlackBerry or iPhone
- Mail clients such as Microsoft Outlook
- Chat clients such as Google Talk or AIM
To login to each of these external clients you need to have an application specific password for each and every application.
If you have enabled Two step verification on your Google account, you need to do the following for logging in your Gtalk and Android devices:
- Sign into your Google Account.
- Go to the page named IssueAuthSubTokens . This page will ask for your password again. Provide the password of your Google Account.
- Now enter the client name for which you want to create a password.
- Now generate the one time password and save it somewhere to use it whenever you want to use the application. From,now on the generated password will be your password for the Google Talk application.
- In case, if you forgot the generated password, you have to again go to the IssueAuthSubTokens and revoke the access to the “Google Talk” application and create a new password for the application.
If you have any problem in implementing the method, please let us know in the comment section.