HTC One X is a HTC’s flagship smartphone running on the Android operating system. Carrying a quad-core processor and a GPU, it really fulfills the needs of a power user. As you know the phone eventually gets launched on the careers and the AT&T is among them. After getting the phone in your hands, you should root it to let its full potential come out. Once you do so, you will have open gates to the world of powerful apps and games. Here’s a single-click root method for the HTC One X, go ahead and do it.
What You Will Need:
Root AT&T HTC One X:
- Uncompress files from the Rooting Package archive and place them in any folder on your PC.
- Go to Menu on your phone followed by Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging and check-mark the box to enable USB debugging.
- Connect your One X to your PC or Laptop using the USB cable.
- Once the phone is connected, open the Notification bar on your phone and select the “Charge only” mode as USB connection type.
- If you are using any Windows OS, then run the root.bat file from the extracted files.
If you are using a Linux PC, then run the root-linux.sh file.
If you are using a Mac PC, then launch the root-mac.sh file.
- Your phone will begin to root and you will see it rebooting a few times during the process.
Great, your phone should now be rooted. You can now install custom recovery, install custom ROM and install the apps which require Superuser permission. If you’ve any questions, let us know by leaving them below.
We thank the original developer of this root method over at official thread on XDA !