On a Windows 7 Home Basic computer, the “Personalize” option is missing from the drop-down menu when a user right-clicks anywhere on the desktop but don’t think that this behavior is by-design, as Home Basic does not have themes support, so you can’t personalize it, this is the era of technology with dozens of applications available for you to establish your purpose.
I am going to discuss about one such application-TuneUp Utilities(I have used 2010 version).
First download this software from net. There is a free trial available of this software on net. I am working on its activated full version.
1. First install this software on your system.
2. Then open TuneUp Utilities on your system. You will get an introductory screen like this.
3. First click on the “All Functions Tab” in the “Customize Windows” box
4. Then click on change windows appearance
6. Now you can personalize your windows according to your choice.
7. I am going to personalize my logon screen for a demonstration
8. Click on “Select the Windows 7 logon screen or download anew one from TuneUp Online
9. Click on “Add” to add a new logon screen
10.Download Logon Screens from TuneUp Online
11.As soon as any Logon Screen gets downloaded, click on the downloaded item,it will automatically open with TuneUp Styler
12.Now your chosen logon screen is added to the sub-menu as shown
13.Click on “Apply” to apply it.
Now see the personalization in your logon screen.