Few days back I got a mail regarding installation of WordPress in localhost of your computer . So, I thought of writing a post regarding this. In this post we will tell you how to install wordpress using WAMP . If you are a wordpress theme developer or someone who wants to develop a portal/blog using wordpress ,it is advised to install wordpress in your computer so that you can test various features of WordPress and also develop your custom site and then upload all the files in your hosting account after completing the site in your localhost .
We have previously written about installation of Joomla and Drupal in Ubuntu OS. You can check them here:
Steps to install wordpress in your computer in Windows OS :
- Install Wampserver in your computer . Download it from here .
- Check whether your WAMP is working or not by opening http://127.0.0.1/ or http://localhost . If you use proxy server to access websites, make sure that http://127.0.0.1/ is on the exception list . You will see something like this :
- Since, wordpress uses databases you need to create a database using phpmyadmin . You can directly go to phpmyadmin from here http://127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin/ or http://localhost/phpmyadmin . Or you can find a link in the homepage of wampserver for going to the phpmyadmin .
- Now ,its time to create a database. I created database named comptalks(you can choose any name ).
- Now its time to go to the WordPress installation folder , create a folder in the C:\Wamp\www\folder and put all of your wordpress files there. Here, I’ve assumed you have installed wamp in the C drive .
- Now access the wordpress installation folder using either http://127.0.0.1/folder or http://localhost/folder or you can access it from Wampserver homepage .
- At first you’ll see something like this and you will have to create the wp-config file.
- Click on Create a Configuration File and you will visit something like this .
- In the above page, you need to fill the your database name , in my case it was comptalks . In the username write root and make the password text box blank as shown in the picture. Leave the rest entries as set by default .
- Click on the submit button .
- Then Run the Install .
- Now , you will have to fill the details of your website
- After this you’ll get the success message .