Universal USB Installer is a free application for Windows that allows you to install any of the Linux Distributions on your USB. Having an OS in your USB is really cool. You can boot from anywhere. You would be carrying your customized OS in your pockets. You can store files in your home directory, modify the keyboard shortcuts, and customize your Linux from any PC. To create a portable OS, you must have the disk image (.iso file) of your Operating System. You are also accessible to an automated download of the .iso file.
How to install Linux on your USB:
- Run Universal USB Installer.
- If UAC prompts, then click Yes.
- Click on I agree.
- In the drop box menu, select the distribution of Linux that you want to install.
- If you already have the .iso file, locate it by clicking on the Browse button or else you can download it from the internet by marking the check box next to it.
- Select the drive in which you want to install Linux.
- Check the box next to it if you want to erase all the contents of that drive.
- Set a persistent file size i.e amount of space that you would like for storing your files.
- Click on create and you should be having a portable OS in hand.
Download Universal USB Installer from here.