Windows 7 , by default has only few themes available for customization. People who are not satisfied with it can add few more themes , which are hidden and can be enabled . These themes are available for certain regional countries like:
Simple steps to enable hidden themes in Windows 7 :
- Open windows explorer .
- Click organize and go to folder and search option .
- From View tab above ,check on “show hidden files and folder” and uncheck “hide protected operating system files” and apply the changes.
- Now search and browse to the folder: Windows\Globalization\MCT
- You will get five folder with name: MCT-AU,MCT-US,MCT-ZA,MCT-CA,MCT-GB , which represent globalization setting for each region .
- Go to theme folder , which is inside every folder mentioned above and double click on **.theme (** – AU/US /ZA / CA/GB) file to execute and activate the theme .Once activated it automatically gets saved and available in the personalization settings ,so that user can select this theme later directly from personalization settings.
- Go back to folder option to check “hide protected operating system files and folder ” option .It is recommended.
Now sit back and enjoy your new themes. In the meanwhile, you can also check some of our Windows 7 related posts:
- How to add quick launch to Windows 7 taskbar
- How to add New sticky Note option to the context menu
- How to create Windows 7 USB drive or DVD
- Top 10 free Antivirus softwares for Windows 7
- Clear Jump list history of Taskbar icons