You might have been using google docs for various purposes in your life. Sometimes you might have used the “Google Docs form” feature to get some data submission done . But the “sharing of URL” is a tough ask as the URL is bit lengthy in nature and looks unprofessional. Most of the times you have to use some URL shortening service to trim the URL. If you have your website or blog then you can embed it on your own blog or site and also have a nice, customized URL .
To embed a Google Docs Form to your blog follow the following steps :
- Create a new Google Docs Form
- Or if you have created a Google Doc then edit the Google Docs form.
- Now , scroll down and you will see something like this in the footer:
- Now copy the URL you see there .
- Now to embed this Google Docs form on any website all you need to put this code on your website/blog :
<iframe src="URL here" width=”635″ height="880" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="margin-left:-15px;"></iframe>
- Place your URL here and you can also change the height and width according to your need.
Now, you can choose a customized URL for your task. This circumvents your problem of sharing the cumbersome URL with prospective audience/clients and also embedding the form on your website gives it a personalised professional look.