Microsoft released a utility that you could create a bootable USB flash with Windows 7, but when was found that some parts of the utility were illegal, that application was removed from their site. But don’t worry, there is a chance to make your stick bootable.
What do you need?
- A DVD with Windows 7
- A Stick of minimum of 4 GB.
Let’s start it.
1. Open a Microsoft DOS window. To do this press the Windows key + R, and there write cmd.
2. Write diskpart and press Enter.
3. It will open the diskpart application.
4. Type LIST DISK and make sure what number is your stick and to have at least 4 GB (carefully, not 4000 MB).
5. Type select disk n (n is the number that you found in step 4)
6. Now write clean, this will erase all the data on your stick.
7. Write create partition primary
8. Now type select partition 1
9. Type active
10. This time, put “format fs = fat32”
11. Type assign.
12. After this process, type “EXIT”
13. Open another cmd window and type in “xcopy d:*.* /s/e/f F:”
d: – point the DVD
F: – point the USB flash drive
14. Wait, will take a while
15. Finally, open the CMD window again and type del F:\sources\ei.cfg
16. Okay, you have a bootable stick with Windows 7.