Sometimes, when you hit the browser’s Google search box to search something you find a strange We’re sorry page . It happens due to huge number of automated requests from your IP address to Google. It maybe due to some of the browser extensions/addons which you might have undesirably installed in your computer. Most of them come with free softwares as addon and people are in so much hurry that they forget to uncheck the toolbar(/something similar) while installing the free software.
The following text appears when we get we’re sorry page :
… but it appears your computer is sending automated requests.
Please confirm you are human by typing the characters in the image below:
Reasons behind the We’re sorry page :
- This maybe due to some malware/spyware that you have installed into your computer while using a free software or some warez software .
- If you are using some SEO software or something similar like SEO quake toolbar,it might be due to that also. I was using SEO quake and Alexa Sparky, and I am pretty sure I was getting “We’re sorry” pages due to one of these firefox addons. I uninstalled them and now I haven’t encountered this problem again.
- Using some software to check the SERP of a keyword.
Solutions to Google We’re Sorry page :
- Install an anti-malware/spyware software on your computer . You can try various online virus scanners or check our list of free antivirus for Windows 7 .
- If you are using any addon for SEO, you should stop using it and can even try some other SEO software ,which checks manually .
- If even then the problem exists then contact your network administrator to know which of your programs are sending automated requests to Google .
- Finally, if none of the above works, then you can directly contact Google using this form and state the problem there.