ESET has released their RC version of their popular antivirus program NOD32 4. We have also reported about the Free Eset NOD v4 beta download . This release adds support for Microsoft Windows Live Mail, SSL under Microsoft Windows 2000, as well as other features and improvements.ESET solutions are built on ESET’s one-of-a-kind ThreatSense technology. This advanced heuristics engine enables proactive detection of malware not covered by even the most frequently updated signature-based products by decoding and analyzing executable code in real time, using an emulated environment. By allowing malware to execute in a secure virtual world, ESET is able to clearly differentiate between benign files and even the most ophisticated and cleverly-disguised malware.
Users of Microsoft® Windows® can experience the power and elegance of NOD32′s ThreatSense Technology with ease and comfort. Our single optimized engine offers the best protection from viruses, spyware, adware, phishing attacks, and more. Keep tomorrow’s threats at bay with our proactive detection technology.
Changes in NOD32 Antivirus 4.0:
* Export/Import of root SSL certificate to well known web browsers (Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer)
* Windows Live Mail v14 (Beta) is supported also
* Added support for including external programs to iso image (recovery CD function)
* Added possibility to edit user-defined servers for update module
* Support of SSL on Microsoft Windows 2000 has been added
* Improved filtering of logs is available now(smart filtering)
* Support “Download Headers” mode in MS Outlook (Exchange, IMAP)
* Exclusions work for mapped network drives (there must be two exclusions: one for mapped path and one for UNC path)