One of the feature that Windows 7 lacks and is in earlier versions is Windows Media Player Taskbar . I don’t know that why they decided to go without this feature in Windows 7 , but that was a mistake on their part at least that’s what I feel. If you want to check free digital audio editors , you can check our list of Free Digital Audio Editors .
After series of steps mentioned below you would not lack that feature anymore ,so lets get started :
- Get a copy of C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpband.dll from a computer with WMP11 on it (for the same type of os, i.e. 32/64 bit) , Or simply
Download the wmpband.dll file from here .
- Copy the file to C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player
- Stop the Windows Media Player network sharing service , if it is enabled . It can be done by searching for Services in start menu search box .
- Open command prompt as Administrator and execute the following commandregsvr32 “c:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpband.dll”
Here “c” is your Windows 7 drive and Do not forget to open it as administrator .
- Run Windows Media Player 12 and minimize it .Right click on the toolbar -> toolbars and select Windows Media Player . Click Yes if you are prompted with “The Windows Media Player toolbar isn’t compatible with this version of Windows” message .