Dell entered into the Indian smartphone plus tablet market with Dell Streak which is a combination of both . Dell Streak comes with Tata DoCoMo post paid connection with 500MB Free data connection usage for the first six months.Dell Streak is priced at Rs. 34,490 in India currently.
Some of the features of Dell Streak :
- Sharp 5-inch capacitive multi-touch Gorilla glass WVGA (800 480) display
- UMTS / GPRS / EDGE class 12 GSM radio with link speeds of HSDPA 7.2 Mbps / HSUPA
- 5 MP auto focus camera with dual LED flash
- VGA front-facing camera enables video chat functionality down the road
- 1GHz Snapdragon ARM-based mobile processor from Qualcomm
- User-removable (and replaceable) battery
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Integrated 3G + Wi-Fi (802.11b/g) + Bluetooth 2.1 (think headsets, external keyboards, stereo headsets, etc.)
- Micro SD slot expandable up to 32GB.
Mahesh Bhalla, executive director and general manager, consumer, Dell India, said, “The Dell Streak hits the sweet spot between traditional smartphones and larger-screen tablets. There is an opportunity to help people find the right product that best fits their mobile lifestyle. The smartphone facility distinguishes Streak from other tablets. Its multi-tasking capabilities and unique size will provide people new ways to enjoy, connect and navigate their lives.”
With the small screen of only 5-inch,a lot will depend on marketing of the product to that end users and people might not like that small screen . But, as this product has been launched before other tablets like ipad and others ,it might have get benefit in this front and also DELL is a known brand in India so it might be a hit in India .Just wait and watch .