Have you ever wanted to use your own handwriting as a font in your documents? So, today we are going to teach you how to create font of your own handwriting .
This free online font generator makes it very simple. A step by step guide follows.
1) Download a Template from here and print it out.
2) Follow the instructions here to complete the template. The darker pen you use, the better. Here are some examples.
3) Scan the Template. PDF and common Image formats such as .jpg, .png etc are supported. Also ensure you scan at 300 DPI or higher.
4) Upload the file here and give it a few seconds to create your font. Then you may preview and download the font in .ttf format.
5) To install the font on windows 7, just double click the file and click Install. Instructions to install the font in other operating systems can be found here
6) You can now use your font in any application on your computer. Enjoy!
You can find many creative uses for your new font. For example,
- Create a digital signature
- Type your homework/assignments etc
Please post any other creative ways to use you handwriting fonts, in the comments. You can also check top 10 places to find free fonts for Windows .